Audiology services have been highlighted as an essential service to continue throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. During this pandemic, the safety of our customers and staff is essential. Working practices have therefore been reviewed and altered to reflect current guidelines from the UK’s audiology professional bodies to ensure a safe method of practice for both patients and staff.
Please note that as we are operating in a healthcare environment, for the safety of staff and fellow customers, we kindly request that your wear a facemask when attending your appointment.
When booking your appointment you will be asked to confirm that to the best of your knowledge that:
- You or anyone in your household or bubble does not have coronavirus
- You or anyone in your household or bubble does not have a new, continuous cough
- You or anyone in your household or bubble does not have a high temperature (37.8 C or over)
- You or anyone in your household or bubble have not recently had a loss of or change to smell or taste
- You or anyone in your household or bubble have been told to self-isolate after travel from a high risk country or contact from track and trace
If the answer to any of the above questions changes to YES between booking and attending your appointment, we ask you to contact us urgently to reschedule your appointment.
What to expect when you attend your appointment:
- Attend on time, at your appointment time, please do not arrive early.
- Attend alone – unless accompanied by someone from same household. Anyone accompanying you cannot come into the consultation room and ideally should wait outside the Practice.
- Hand sanitizer – we ask you us when entering our Practice.
- A further check for COVID symptoms will be made and where approprate consent form discussed, together with an explanation of the appointment.
- Appropriate PPE will be donned and you may be requested to don a fluid resistant face mask, which will be provided.
- Your temperature will be taken with an infrared temperature scanner.
- Payment by card is preferred.
For your reassurance that your safety is of paramount concern:
- Appropriately certified PPE will be used.
- Lisa and our Wax Removal Specialists have received both COVID vaccines and self-test twice a week..
- The treatment area is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between appointments.